Sunday, March 8, 2009

new stuff

1. SPRINKLER
somewhere
behind the treeline
applause
of one million
but it is so far away
that is sounds
like rain

different people
applauding for
different things
each one of them
sounds
like rain

2. BUG
small brown
paper packet
sugar in the
raw
left out on the
counter in the
kitchen after
dark
using little wings
growing hard
on your back
going and searching for a
nice sweet snack
so you can tell all your friends
where the party is at
and bring 'em for a visit
if they wanna relax
i'm gonna kill 'em with my super attack
put holes in their stomachs with a baseball bat
stomp on their faces like a cigarette
remove them from the skeletons that they tenderly packed
and play with the jello making up their soul
and more
i'll do it clean
i won't even stain the carpet
that's not ice cream
i won't let it stain the carpet
nothing in my brain
ever meant to stain the carpet

3. SNACK
carrying
cereal
kitchen is closed
dark
stairs
lights are low
you're hungry
and you did not sign up for this
balancing act

i need a doctor who can specialize
in a strange condition
i need a girl with sideways eyes
who'll wanna take me fishing
i wanna touch her eyeballs to mine

lids fit
like
lipstick
that
tastes
like
chalk
and i'll see
the bullshit
that spins
her
clock

4. MOTOWN
little bombs of
rhythm explode
in my hungry stomach
and purple
and brown
voices
sadly reply

5. LIPS
keep them dry
to make it seem
to hurt
to smile
but smile
all the time

raw lips in winter
take home no pleasant surprise
and your eyes
didn't help
much

6.
I CAN HAVE EVERYTHING I WANT.
I CAN HAVE,
AT LEAST,
WHAT I CAN HAVE.
IF NOT EVERYTHING,
EVERYTHING I CAN.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I like the line, "I need a girl with sideways eyes." a bunch